Print friendly version
Cornelia de Lange syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Brachmann de Lange syndrome
- De Lange syndrome
- Typus degenerativus amstelodamensis
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Your QuestionWhat is the life expectancy of individuals with Cornelia de Lange syndrome?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
Life expectancy is relatively normal for individuals with Cornelia de Lange syndrome. One article mentioned a woman with Cornelia de Lange syndrome who lived to age 61 and an affected man who lived to age 54. However, certain features of this condition, particularly severe malformations of the heart or throat, may decrease life expectancy in some affected individuals.
Last updated: 8/9/2012
- Deardorff MA, Clark DM, Krantz ID. Cornelia de Lange Syndrome. GeneReviews. October 2011; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1104/. Accessed 11/29/2012.
- Beck B, Fenger K. Mortality, pathological findings and causes of death in the de Lange syndrome. Acta Paediatrica Scandinavica. 1985; 74:765-769. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4050424. Accessed 8/9/2012.
- Jackson L, Kline AD, Barr MA, Koch S. de Lange syndrome: a clinical review of 310 individuals. American Journal of Medical Genetics. 1993; 47:940-946. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8291537. Accessed 8/9/2012.