Florid cemento-osseous dysplasia
Other Names for this Disease
- Cataract - microphthalmia - radiculomegaly - septal heart defect
- Florid osseous dysplasia
- Focal cemento-osseous dysplasia
- Oculofaciocardiodental syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Tests & Diagnosis
On this page
Diagnosis of cemento-osseous dysplasia relies on the radiographic findings of the lesions as well as the clinical signs and symptoms. Careful assessment and examination must be made to differentiate cemento-osseous dysplasia from other lesions with similar appearance, namely Paget's disease, chronic diffuse sclerosing osteomyelitis, fibrous dysplasia, osteosarcoma, periapical cemental dysplasia.
Last updated: 6/22/2010
- Singer SR, Mupparapu M, Rinaggio J. J Am Dent Assoc. 2005 Jul; http://jada.ada.org/cgi/content/full/136/7/927. Accessed 3/17/2010.
- Minhas G, Hodge T, Gill DS. J Orthod. 2008 Jun; http://jorthod.maneyjournals.org/cgi/content/full/35/2/90. Accessed 3/17/2010.