Myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy
Your QuestionI think my daughter has this condition. How can I go about having her tested?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
Questions on this page
The following online resources can also help you find a genetics professional in your community:
* GeneTests - A searchable directory of US and international genetics and prenatal diagnosis clinics. Go to the following link and click on 'Clinic Directory' to find a genetic service close to you.
* ResourceLink - A database of genetics counseling services, searchable by location, name, institution, type of practice, or specialty. Hosted by the National Society of Genetic Counselors.
* Genetic Centers, Clinics, and Departments - A comprehensive resource list for genetic counseling, including links to genetic centers and clinics, associations, and university genetics departments. Hosted by the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy. Genetic Home Reference. 2008; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition=myostatinrelatedmusclehypertrophy. Accessed 7/2/2009.
- Wagner KR. Myostatin-Related Muscle Hypertrophy. GeneReviews. 2009; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/br.fcgi?book=gene&part=mstn. Accessed 7/2/2009.