Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone
* Not a rare disease
Other Names for this Disease
- Dilutional hyponatremia
- Inappropriate ADH syndrome
- Schwartz Bartter syndrome
- Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
Treatment of syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone (SIADH) may involve fluid restriction, treatment of the underlying cause once determined, and medication that decreases the effect of antidiuretic hormone on the kidneys. 
Last updated: 6/5/2014
- Lewis JL. Hyponatremia (Low Level of Sodium in the Blood). The Merck Manual Home Health Handbook. July 2013; http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/hormonal_and_metabolic_disorders/electrolyte_balance/hyponatremia_low_level_of_sodium_in_the_blood.html. Accessed 6/5/2014.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.