Mucopolysaccharidosis type I
Other Names for this Disease
- Alpha-L-Iduronidase deficiency
- Attenuated MPS I (subtype)
- Hurler syndrome (former subtype)
- Hurler-Scheie syndrome (former subtype)
- IDUA deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions. Click on the link to view the article on this topic.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Mucopolysaccharidosis type I. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
(BioMarin Pharmaceutical, Inc.)
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Treatment for patients with Hurler and Hurler-Scheie forms of Mucopolysaccharidosis I (MPS I) and for patients with the Scheie form who have moderate to severe symptoms|
|More Information about this product||Drug Information Portal|