Print friendly version
Chromosome 3q29 microduplication syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Microduplication 3q29 syndrome
- Trisomy 3q29
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
chromosome abnormality characterized by having an extra copy of material (duplication) on a specific part of the long arm of chromosome 3. The signs and symptoms vary among affected individuals, but the most common features include mild or moderate intellectual disability and microcephaly. The condition may occur for the first time in the affected individual (de novo) or it can be inherited from a mildly affected or apparently normal parent. Treatment is directed toward the specific signs and symptoms present in each individual.Chromosome 3q29 microduplication syndrome is a rare
Last updated: 5/30/2012
- Nicole MORICHON-DELVALLEZ. 3q29 microduplication. Orphanet. March 2011; http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/Disease_Search.php?lng=EN&data_id=19607. Accessed 5/30/2012.
On this page
In Depth Information
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Chromosome 3q29 microduplication syndrome. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Chromosome 3q29 microduplication syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.