Other Names for this Disease
- Psoriasis guttate
Mild cases of guttate psoriasis are usually treated at home. The following may be recommended:
- Cortisone (anti-itch and anti-inflammatory) cream
- Dandruff shampoos (over-the-counter or prescription)
- Lotions that contain coal tar
- Prescription medicines containing vitamin D or vitamin A (retinoids)
Sunlight may help some symptoms go away. Care should be taken to avoid sunburn. Some people may choose to have phototherapy. Phototherapy is a medical procedure in which the skin is carefully exposed to ultraviolet light. Phototherapy may be given alone or after taking a drug that makes the skin more sensitive to light.
- Psoriasis - guttate. MedlinePlus. May 2011; http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000822.htm. Accessed 1/3/2013.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Guttate psoriasis. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.