Print friendly version
Niemann-Pick disease type B
Other Names for this Disease
- Niemann Pick disease type B
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Niemann-Pick disease. Genetic Home Reference. 2006; http://www.ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/niemann-pick-disease. Accessed 8/2/2010.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Niemann-Pick disease type B. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic. Click on the link to view this information.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) collects and disseminates research information related to neurological disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
In Depth Information
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Niemann-Pick disease type B. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Niemann-Pick disease type B. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
Selected Full-Text Journal Articles
- McGovern MM, Wasserstein MP, Giugliani R, Bembi B, Vanier MT, Mengel E, Brodie SE, Mendelson D, Skloot G, Desnick RJ, Kuriyama N, Cox GF. A prospective, cross-sectional survey study of the natural history of Niemann-Pick disease type B. Pediatrics. 2008 Aug;122(2):e341-9. Epub 2008 Jul 14.
- Mendelson DS, Wasserstein MP, Desnick RJ, Glass R, Simpson W, Skloot G, Vanier M, Bembi B, Giugliani R, Mengel E, Cox GF, McGovern MM. Type B Niemann-Pick disease: findings at chest radiography, thin-section CT, and pulmonary function testing. Radiology. 2006 Jan;238(1):339-45. Epub 2005 Nov 22.
- Wasserstein MP, Desnick RJ, Schuchman EH, Hossain S, Wallenstein S, Lamm C, McGovern MM. The natural history of type B Niemann-Pick disease: results from a 10-year longitudinal study. Pediatrics. 2004 Dec;114(6):e672-7.