Niemann-Pick disease type B
Other Names for this Disease
- Niemann Pick disease type B
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Niemann-Pick disease. Genetics Home Reference. 2006; http://www.ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/niemann-pick-disease. Accessed 8/2/2010.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Niemann-Pick disease type B. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) collects and disseminates research information related to neurological disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Niemann-Pick disease type B. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- McGovern MM, Wasserstein MP, Giugliani R, Bembi B, Vanier MT, Mengel E, Brodie SE, Mendelson D, Skloot G, Desnick RJ, Kuriyama N, Cox GF. A prospective, cross-sectional survey study of the natural history of Niemann-Pick disease type B. Pediatrics. 2008 Aug;122(2):e341-9. Epub 2008 Jul 14.
- Mendelson DS, Wasserstein MP, Desnick RJ, Glass R, Simpson W, Skloot G, Vanier M, Bembi B, Giugliani R, Mengel E, Cox GF, McGovern MM. Type B Niemann-Pick disease: findings at chest radiography, thin-section CT, and pulmonary function testing. Radiology. 2006 Jan;238(1):339-45. Epub 2005 Nov 22.
- Wasserstein MP, Desnick RJ, Schuchman EH, Hossain S, Wallenstein S, Lamm C, McGovern MM. The natural history of type B Niemann-Pick disease: results from a 10-year longitudinal study. Pediatrics. 2004 Dec;114(6):e672-7.