Metaplastic carcinoma of the breast
Other Names for this Disease
- Adenosquamous carcinoma
- Carcinoma with metaplasia
- Metaplastic breast cancer
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
breast cancers. The cells look like skin cells or cells that make bone. Some women experience no early signs or symptoms, while others experience general symptoms of breast cancers, such as new breast lumps. Treatment of metaplastic carcinoma of the breast is similar to that of invasive ductal cancer.Metaplastic carcinoma of the breast is a rare form of breast cancer. The tumor cells differ in type from that of the typical ductal or lobular
Last updated: 6/22/2011
- What is breast cancer?. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/BreastCancer/DetailedGuide/breast-cancer-what-is-breast-cancer. Accessed 6/21/2011.
- The Johns Hopkins Medicine Web site has an information page on metaplastic carcinoma of the breast. Click on the link to view the information page.
- The Cancer.Net provides comprehensive information on this topic for patients and their families. Click on the link to visit Cancer.Net and view a description of metaplastic carcinoma of the breast. To view additional information, click on "Next >" which is located at the bottom of their Web pages.
- The Stanford School of Medicine Web site provides technical information regarding the diagnosis of metaplastic carcinoma of the breast. Click on the link to view the information page.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Metaplastic carcinoma of the breast. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- Greenberg D, McIntyre H, Bierre T. Metaplastic breast cancer. Australasian Radiology. 2004;48:243-247.
- Lale S, Kure K, Lingamfelter D. Challenges to diagnose metaplastic carcinoma of the breast through cytologic methods: an eight-case series. Diagn Pathol. 2011 Jan 18;6:7.
- Park HS, Park S, Kim JH, Lee JH, Choi SY, Park BW, Lee KS. Clinicopathologic features and outcomes of metaplastic breast carcinoma: comparison with invasive ductal carcinoma of the breast. Yonsei Med J. 2010 Nov 1;51(6):864-9.