Congenital generalized lipodystrophy type 4
Other Names for this Disease
- Berardinelli-Seip congenital lipodystrophy, type 4, with muscular dystrophy
- Generalized congenital lipodystrophy type 4
- Generalized congenital lipodystrophy with myopathy
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- The NORD Physician Guide for Congenital generalized lipodystrophy type 4 was developed as a free service of the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) and it's medical advisors. The guides provide a resource for clinicians about specific rare disorders to facilitate diagnosis and treatment of their patients with this condition.
- Orphanet lists clinical trials, research studies, and patient registries enrolling people with this condition. Click on Orphanet to view the list.
(Amylin Pharmaceuticals, LLC)
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Adjunct to diet as replacement therapy to treat the complications of leptin deficiency in patients with congenital or acquired generalized lipodystrophy.|
|More Information about this product||Drug Information Portal|