Print friendly version
Chronic Infantile Neurological Cutaneous Articular syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- CINCA syndrome
- Infantile Onset Multisystem Inflammatory Disease
- Multisystem inflammatory disease, neonatal-onset
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
meningitis, and joint pain with recurrent fever and inflammation. CINCA is the most severe form of the cryopyrin associated periodic syndromes (CAPS) caused by mutations in the CIAS1/NLRP3 gene. About 50% of affected individuals have mutations in this gene. This condition is inherited in an autosomal dominant fashion.Chronic infantile neurologic cutaneous and articular (CINCA) syndrome, also known as 'neonatal onset multisystem inflammatory disease,' or NOMID, is a congenital inflammatory disorder characterized by a triad of neonatal onset of cutaneous symptoms (skin rash), chronic
Last updated: 7/15/2009
- CINCA Syndrome. Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM). 2006; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/dispomim.cgi?id=607115. Accessed 7/15/2009.
- Hoffman H. Neonatal-onset Multisystem Inflammatory Disease. National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD). 2007; http://www.rarediseases.org/search/rdbdetail_abstract.html?disname=Neonatal-onset%20Multisystem%20Inflammatory%20Disease. Accessed 7/15/2009.
- Periodic Fever Syndrome. Cleveland Clinic. 2009; http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/periodic_fever_syndrome/rheumatology_overview.aspx. Accessed 7/15/2009.
- The Cleveland Clinic provides an overview of the different types of periodic fever syndromes.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Chronic Infantile Neurological Cutaneous Articular syndrome. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
In Depth Information
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is an catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Chronic Infantile Neurological Cutaneous Articular syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
Selected Full-Text Journal Articles
- Leigh D Church, Sinisa Savic, and Michael F McDermott; Long term management of patients with cryopyrin-associated periodic syndromes (CAPS): focus on rilonacept (IL-1 Trap), Biologics. 2008 December; 2(4): 733–742.