Giant congenital nevus
Other Names for this Disease
- Bathing trunk nevus
- Congenital giant pigmented nevus
- Congenital hairy nevus
- Congenital pigmented nevus
- Giant congenital melanocytic nevus
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Vorvick LJ. Giant congenital nevus. MedlinePlus. November 2012; http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001453.htm. Accessed 3/17/2015.
- Congenital melanocytic naevi. DermNet NZ. December 2014; http://dermnetnz.org/lesions/congenital-naevus.html. Accessed 3/17/2015.
- DermNet NZ is an online resource about skin diseases developed by the New Zealand Dermatological Society Incorporated. DermNet NZ provides information about this condition.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Giant congenital nevus. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
Congenital Hairy Nevi - Plastic Surgery
Congenital Nevi - Dermatology
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Giant congenital nevus. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.