Other Names for this Disease
- Anti-glomerular basement membrane antibody disease
- Glomerulonephritis - pulmonary hemorrhage
- Pulmonary renal syndrome
- Rapidly progressive glomerulonephritis with pulmonary hemorrhage
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
glomerulonephritis, and the presence of anti-glomerular basement membranes (anti-GBM) antibodies in the blood.Goodpasture syndrome is an autoimmune disease of unknown cause that affects the lungs and kidneys. The typical symptoms of Goodpasture syndrome include pulmonary alveolar hemorrhage (bleeding in the lungs),
Last updated: 9/17/2008
- Anti-Glomerular Basement Membrane Disease. Medical Subject Headings. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/cgi/mesh/2008/MB_cgi?mode=&index=18489&view=expanded. Accessed 3/3/3008.
- Valentini RP. Goodpasture syndrome. eMedicine. 2006; http://www.emedicine.com/ped/TOPIC888.HTM. Accessed 3/4/2008.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- The National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC), part of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), conducts and supports research on a broad spectrum of diseases affecting public health. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Kidney Foundation Web site has an information page on Goodpasture syndrome. Click on The National Kidney Foundation to view this information page.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Goodpasture syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.