Other Names for this Disease
- Congenital central alveolar hypoventilation - Hirschsprung disease
- Haddad syndrome
- Ondine-Hirschsprung disease
- Ondine-Hirschsprung syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
- The Cortical Foundation provides information on participating in research for cortical malformations of the brain.
- Orphanet lists clinical trials, research studies, and patient registries enrolling people with this condition. Click on Orphanet to view the list.
- The Christopher A. Walsh Laboratory is interested in the development of the cerebral cortex. Abnormal development of the cerebral cortex in humans results in epilepsy, autism, mental retardation, dyslexia, and other learning disorders, and perhaps some psychiatric conditions as well. Several of their projects are directed at trying to understand the basic biology of the cortex by studying the mutations that disturb its development. Conditions that they are currently researching include: double cortex syndrome, periventricular heterotopia, schizencephaly, perisylvian polymicrogyria and Walker Warburg syndrome. Click on the link above to access further information about this research.