Print friendly version
Other Names for this Disease
- Alpha-aminoadipic semialdehyde synthase deficiency
- L-lysine NAD-oxido-reductase deficiency
- Lysine alpha-ketoglutarate reductase deficiency
- Lysine intolerance
- Lysine intolerance
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
intellectual disability or behavioral problems. Hyperlysinemia is caused by mutations in the AASS gene. It has an autosomal recessive pattern of inheritance.Hyperlysinemia is an inherited condition characterized by elevated blood levels of the amino acid lysine. Hyperlysinemia typically causes no health problems, and most people with elevated lysine levels are unaware that they have this condition. Rarely, people with hyperlysinemia have
Last updated: 1/28/2013
- Hyperlysinemia. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). August 2009; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition=hyperlysinemia. Accessed 1/28/2013.
- Hyper LYS - Hyperlysinemia . Newborn Screening Coding and Terminology Guide. April 2011; http://newbornscreeningcodes.nlm.nih.gov/nb/sc/condition/Hyper-LYS. Accessed 1/28/2013.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Hyperlysinemia. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Hyperlysinemia. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
In Depth Information
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Hyperlysinemia. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Hyperlysinemia. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.