Other Names for this Disease
- Alpha-aminoadipic semialdehyde synthase deficiency
- Hyperlysinemia type I
- L-lysine NAD-oxido-reductase deficiency
- Lysine alpha-ketoglutarate reductase deficiency
- Lysine intolerance
intellectual disability or behavioral problems. Hyperlysinemia is caused by mutations in the AASS gene. It has an autosomal recessive pattern of inheritance.Hyperlysinemia is an inherited condition characterized by elevated blood levels of the amino acid lysine. Hyperlysinemia typically causes no health problems, and most people with elevated lysine levels are unaware that they have this condition. Rarely, people with hyperlysinemia have
Last updated: 1/28/2013
- Hyperlysinemia. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). August 2009; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition=hyperlysinemia. Accessed 1/28/2013.
- Hyper LYS - Hyperlysinemia . Newborn Screening Coding and Terminology Guide. April 2011; http://newbornscreeningcodes.nlm.nih.gov/nb/sc/condition/Hyper-LYS. Accessed 1/28/2013.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Hyperlysinemia. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Hyperlysinemia. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Hyperlysinemia. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.