Keratosis palmoplantaris papulosa
Other Names for this Disease
- Buschke fischer brauer syndrome
- Buschke-Fischer-Brauer syndrome
- Keratoderma, palmoplantar punctate type 1
- Keratodermia palmoplantaris papulosa, Buschke-Fischer-Brauer type
Tests & Diagnosis
Features that support the diagnosis of keratosis palmoplantaris papulosa include a positive family history (i.e., other affected family members), the presence of multiple tiny hard rounded bumps of thickened skin on the hands and feet, and certain cell histology (i.e., appearance of skin samples when viewed under a microscope).
Last updated: 3/10/2010
- Orphanet lists international laboratories offering diagnostic testing for this condition.