Microgastria limb reduction defect
Other Names for this Disease
- Congenital microgastria and limb reduction defects
- Microgastria-limb reduction defects association
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
aspiration pneumonia and growth problems. Abnormalities involving the heart, lungs, kidney and gastrointestinal system are also symptoms of this condition. This condition is caused by an error that occurs during the development of the embryo. Treatment may involve reconstructive surgery (Hunt-Lawrence pouch) to help improve the child's feeding abilities.Microgastria limb reduction defect is a rare disorder with less than 60 previously reported cases. Children born with this condition have a small stomach (microgastria) and limb abnormalities. Symptoms may include vomiting,
Last updated: 2/27/2014
- Microgastria limb reduction defect. Orphanet. http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=en&Expert=2538.
On this page
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Microgastria limb reduction defect. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.