Print friendly version
Morquio syndrome A
Other Names for this Disease
- Galactosamine-6-sulfatase deficiency
- GALNS deficiency
- Morquio A disease
- MPS 4A
- MPS IVA
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Morquio syndrome A. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- The American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy provides information on the treatment of lysosomal storage diseases.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
In Depth Information
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Morquio syndrome A. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Morquio syndrome A. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.