Other Names for this Disease
- Congenital tracheobronchomegaly
- Mounier Kuhn syndrome
lung function tests, bronchoscopy, and a chest CT scan. The cause of Mounier-Kuhn syndrome is unknown. Treatment typically involves chest physical therapy and antibiotics to treat infections.Mounier-Kuhn syndrome is a lung disorder that causes the respiratory tract to dilate or enlarge. People with Mounier-Kuhn syndrome develop frequently respiratory tract infections and recurrent cough. The condition can be diagnosed by
Last updated: 9/18/2012
- Celik B, Bilgin S, Yuksel C. Mounier-Kuhn Syndrome: A Rare Cause of Bronchial Dilation. Texas Heart Institute Journal. 2011; 38(2):194-196. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/pmid/21494536/. Accessed 9/18/2012.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Mounier-Kuhn syndrome. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
On this page
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Mounier-Kuhn syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.