Other Names for this Disease
- Congenital tracheobronchomegaly
- Idiopathic tracheobronchomegaly
- Mounier Kuhn syndrome
- Mounier-Kühn syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
lung function tests, bronchoscopy, and a chest CT scan. The cause of Mounier-Kuhn syndrome is unknown. Treatment typically involves chest physical therapy and antibiotics to treat infections.Mounier-Kuhn syndrome is a lung disorder that causes the respiratory tract to dilate or enlarge. People with Mounier-Kuhn syndrome develop frequently respiratory tract infections and recurrent cough. The condition can be diagnosed by
Last updated: 9/18/2012
- Celik B, Bilgin S, Yuksel C. Mounier-Kuhn Syndrome: A Rare Cause of Bronchial Dilation. Texas Heart Institute Journal. 2011; 38(2):194-196. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/pmid/21494536/. Accessed 9/18/2012.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Mounier-Kuhn syndrome. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
On this page
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Mounier-Kuhn syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.