Maternally inherited diabetes and deafness
- Ballinger Wallace syndrome
- Diabetes and deafness, maternally inherited
- Diabetes mellitus type II with deafness
- Diabetes-deafness syndrome, maternally transmitted
- Maternally-inherited diabetes and deafness
On this page
Most of the body's cells contain thousands of mitochondria, each with one or more copies of mitochondrial DNA. These cells can have a mix of mitochondria containing mutated and unmutated DNA (heteroplasmy). The severity of MIDD is thought to be associated with the percentage of mitochondria with the mitochondrial DNA mutation.
- Maternally inherited diabetes and deafness. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). October 2012; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/maternally-inherited-diabetes-and-deafness. Accessed 2/20/2014.