Maternally inherited diabetes and deafness
Other Names for this Disease
- Ballinger Wallace syndrome
- Diabetes and deafness, maternally inherited
- Diabetes mellitus type II with deafness
- Diabetes-deafness syndrome, maternally transmitted
In MIDD, the diabetes and hearing loss usually develop in mid-adulthood, although the age that they occur varies from childhood to late adulthood. Typically, hearing loss occurs before diabetes.
Last updated: 2/20/2014
- Maternally inherited diabetes and deafness. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). October 2012; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/maternally-inherited-diabetes-and-deafness. Accessed 2/20/2014.