Other Names for this Disease
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Piebaldism. DermNet. http://www.dermnet.org.nz/colour/piebaldism.html. Accessed 4/4/2011.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Piebaldism. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- DermNet NZ is an online resource about skin diseases developed by the New Zealand Dermatological Society Incorporated. DermNet NZ provides information about this condition.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Piebaldism. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Piebaldism. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.