Pseudohypoaldosteronism type 2
Other Names for this Disease
- Chloride shunt syndrome
- Gordon hyperkalemia-hypertension syndrome
- Hyperpotassemia and hypertension familial
inborn error of metabolism. It is characterized by high blood pressure, high levels of potassium in the body, and metabolic acidosis. It is caused by mutations in the WNK1 or WNK4 gene. Treatment may involve dietary restriction of sodium and hydrochlorothiazide.Psuedohypoaldosteronism type 2 is an
Last updated: 12/2/2011
- Pseudohypoaldosteronism. National Library of Medicine - Medical Subject Headings. 2008; http://www.nlm.nih.gov/cgi/mesh/2008/MB_cgi?mode=&index=11086&view=expanded. Accessed 12/2/2011.
- Greenbaum LA. Electrolyte and Acid-Base Disorders. In: Kliegman RM, Behrman RE, Jenson HB, Stanton BF eds. Kliegman: Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, 18th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders; 2007;
- Ferry RJ. Pseudohypoaldosteronism. eMedicine. 2010; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/924100-overview. Accessed 12/2/2011.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Pseudohypoaldosteronism type 2. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Pseudohypoaldosteronism type 2. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.