Print friendly version
Other Names for this Disease
- Aarskog disease
- Aarskog Scott syndrome
- Faciodigitogenital syndrome
- Faciogenital dysplasia
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
 Intellectual development may also be affected. About 20 percent of people with Aarskog-Scott syndrome have mutations in the FGD1 gene. The cause in other affected individuals is unknown. The condition is inherited in an X-linked recessive pattern.Aarskog syndrome is an inherited disease that affects a person's height, muscles, skeleton, genitals, and appearance of the face.
Last updated: 9/7/2011
- Aarskog syndrome. MedlinePlus. 2010; http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001654.htm. Accessed 9/7/2011.
- Aarskog-Scott syndrome. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). 2008; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/aarskog-scott-syndrome. Accessed 9/7/2011.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Aarskog syndrome. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
In Depth Information
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is an catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Aarskog syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.