Spinal muscular atrophy type 2
Other Names for this Disease
- Chronic infantile spinal muscular atrophy
- Chronic spinal muscular atrophy
- Dubowitz disease
- Intermediate spinal muscular atrophy
- Muscular atrophy, spinal, infantile chronic form
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Tests & Diagnosis
- Thomas W Prior, PhD, FACMG and Barry S Russman, MD. Spinal Muscular Atrophy. GeneReviews. November 2013; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1352/.
- The Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) provides information about the genetic tests for this condition. The intended audience for the GTR is health care providers and researchers. Patients and consumers with specific questions about a genetic test should contact a health care provider or a genetics professional.