Print friendly version
Thyroglossal tract cyst
Other Names for this Disease
- Familial thyroglossal duct cyst
- Hereditary thyroglossal duct cysts
- Thyroglossal duct cysts
- Thyroglossal duct cysts familial
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
A thyroglossal duct cyst is a neck mass or lump that develops from cells and tissues remaining after the formation of the thyroid gland during embryonic development.
- Ear, nose, and throat: Thyroglossal duct cyst. University of Virginia Health System. http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/uvahealth/peds_ent/thyrgduct.cfm. Accessed June 20, 2008.
On this page
- Children's Hospital Boston has an information page on cysts and sinuses of the head and neck which includes information on thyroglossal cyst. Click on Children's Hopstial Boston to view this information page.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Thyroglossal tract cyst. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- The The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Thyroglossal tract cyst. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.