Acute promyelocytic leukemia
Other Names for this Disease
- Acute myeloblastic leukemia type 3
- Acute myeloid leukemia with t(15;17)(q22;q12);(PML/RARalpha) and variants
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
acute myeloid leukemia in which there are too many immature blood-forming cells in the blood and bone marrow. It is usually marked by a translocation of chromosomes 15 and 17. Acute promyelocytic leukemia usually occurs in middle-aged adults. Symptoms may include both bleeding and forming blood clots.Acute promyelocytic leukemia is an aggressive type of
Last updated: 6/23/2011
- General Information About Adult Myeloid Leukemia. National Cancer Institute (NCI). 2009; http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/adultAML/Patient#Keypoint2. Accessed 6/23/2011.
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). April 2011; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/acute-promyelocytic-leukemia. Accessed 6/23/2011.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Acute promyelocytic leukemia. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The National Cancer Institute provides the most current information on cancer for patients, health professionals, and the general public. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Acute promyelocytic leukemia. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.