Orotic aciduria type 1
Other Names for this Disease
- Hereditary orotic aciduria
- Orotate phosphoribosyltransferase and omp decarboxylase deficiency
- Orotic aciduria II (formerly)
- Oroticaciduria 1
- Orotidylic pyrophosphorylase and orotidylic decarboxylase deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Orotic aciduria type I is treated by taking supplements of the compound uridine. Affected individuals who take uridine show significant improvement in symptoms.
Last updated: 4/2/2012
- Nyhan WL. Disorders of purine and pyrimidine metabolism. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. 2005; 86:25-33. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16176880. Accessed 4/2/2012.