X-linked adrenal hypoplasia congenita
- Adrenal hypoplasia congenita
- Congenital adrenal hypoplasia
- Cytomegalic congenital adrenal hypoplasia
- X-linked AHC
- X-linked congenital adrenal hypoplasia
On this page
Some NR0B1 mutations result in the production of an inactive version of the DAX1 protein, while other mutations delete the entire gene. The resulting shortage of DAX1 disrupts the normal development and function of hormone-producing tissues in the body. The signs and symptoms of adrenal insufficiency and hypogonadotropic hypogonadism occur when endocrine glands do not produce the right amounts of certain hormones.
- X-linked adrenal hypoplasia congenita. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). 2008; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/x-linked-adrenal-hypoplasia-congenita. Accessed 8/15/2012.