Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome type 1
Other Names for this Disease
- 7-Dehydrocholesterol reductase deficiency
- RSH syndrome
- SLO syndrome type 1
- Smith Lemli Opitz syndrome type 1
- Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). 2007; http://www.ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/smith-lemli-opitz-syndrome. Accessed 3/13/2013.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome type 1. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome type 1. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- The Social Security Administration has included this condition in their Compassionate Allowances Initiative. This initiative speeds up the processing of disability claims for applicants with certain medical conditions that cause severe disability. More information about Compassionate Allowances and applying for Social Security disability is available online.