Other Names for this Disease
- Autism, dementia, ataxia, and loss of purposeful hand use
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions. Click on the link to view the article on this topic.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Rett syndrome. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
- The Rett Syndrome, MECP2 Duplications, & Rett-related Disorders Consortium is an integrated group of academic medical centers, patient support organizations, and clinical research resources dedicated to conducting clinical research into three disorders of the nervous system: Rett syndrome (RTT), MECP2 duplication disorder and RTT-related disorders. Major goals of the Consortium are to identify and understand the core clinical features of each disorder; identify factors that can modify the severity of the disorders; and understand the relationship between patients’ symptoms and their brain imaging and electroencephalography alterations. Click on the name of the study for more information.
- The Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tool (RePORT) provides access to reports, data, and analyses of research activities at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), including information on NIH expenditures and the results of NIH-supported research. Although these projects may not conduct studies on humans, you may want to contact the investigators to learn more. To search for studies, enter the disease name in the "Text Search" box. Then click "Submit Query".