Print friendly version
Other Names for this Disease
- Alkaptonuric ochronosis
- Homogentisic acid oxidase deficiency
- Homogentisic acidura
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Alkaptonuria. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). 2007; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition=alkaptonuria. Accessed 8/1/2011.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Alkaptonuria. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic. Click on the link to view this information.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
In Depth Information
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Alkaptonuria. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Alkaptonuria. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.