Androgen insensitivity syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Androgen receptor deficiency
- DHTR deficiency
- Dihydrotestosterone receptor deficiency
- Testicular feminization syndrome (formerly)
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Androgen insensitivity syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. May 2008; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/androgen-insensitivity-syndrome. Accessed 3/30/2011.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Androgen insensitivity syndrome. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Androgen insensitivity syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.