Bronchiolitis obliterans organizing pneumonia
Other Names for this Disease
- Bronchiolitis obliterans with obstructive pulmonary disease
- Constrictive bronchiolitis
- Obliterative bronchiolitis
On this page
The most common signs and symptoms of BOOP include shortness of breath (dyspnea), dry cough, and fever. About half of affected individuals have a flu-like illness with cough, fever, fatigue, and weight loss.
Last updated: 9/13/2011
- Vasu TS, Cavallazzi R, Hirani A, Sharma D, Weibel SB, Kane GC. Respitatory Care. August 2009; 54(8):1028-32. http://www.rcjournal.com/contents/08.09/08.09.1028.pdf. Accessed 9/13/2011.
- King TE. Idiopathic Interstitial Pneumonias. Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. May 2008; http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pulmonary_disorders/interstitial_lung_diseases/idiopathic_interstitial_pneumonias.html?qt=Bronchiolitis%20obliterans%20organizing%20pneumonia%20&alt=sh. Accessed 9/13/2011.