Mosaic trisomy 22
Other Names for this Disease
- Mosaic trisomy chromosome 22
- Trisomy 22 mosaicism
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
 Some of the features that have been associated with this condition include growth delays, cognitive deficiencies, unequal development of the two sides of the body (hemidystrophy), webbing of the neck, abnormal deviation of the elbows when extended (cubitus valgus), multiple pigmented moles or birthmarks, distinctive malformations of the head and face, and other physical abnormalities.Mosaic trisomy 22 is a chromosome disorder in which chromosome 22 is present three times, instead of the usual two times, in some cells of the body. The range and severity of the disorder may vary, depending on the number of cells in which the extra chromosome 22 is present.
Last updated: 10/4/2011
- Mosaic Trisomy 22. Chromosome 22 Central. http://www.c22c.org/mt22.htm. Accessed 11/8/2010.
- Chromosome 22, Trisomy Mosaic. National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD). 2003; http://www.rarediseases.org/search/rdbdetail_abstract.html?disname=Chromosome%2022%2C%20Trisomy%20Mosaic. Accessed 11/8/2010.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Mosaic trisomy 22. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Mosaic trisomy 22. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Mosaic trisomy 22. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.