Churg Strauss syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Allergic angiitis and granulomatosis
- Allergic granulomatosis
- Allergic granulomatous and angiitis
- Churg-Strauss syndrome
- Churg-Strauss vasculitis
vasculitis). The inflamed vessels can affect various organ systems including the lungs, gastrointestinal tract, skin, heart and nervous system. The exact cause of Churg Strauss syndrome is unknown, but it is thought to be an autoimmune disorder. Treatment may involve the use of glucocorticoids and/or other immunosuppressive therapies.Churg Strauss syndrome is a condition characterized by asthma, high levels of eosinophils (a type of white blood cell that helps fight infection), and inflammation of small to medium sized blood vessels (
Last updated: 3/9/2015
- Book W. Information About Chirg Strauss Syndrome. American Partnership for Eosinophilic Disorders. 2005; http://www.apfed.org/css.htm. Accessed 4/4/2011.
- What is Churg Strauss Syndrome?. Churg Strauss Syndrome Association. 2006; http://www.cssassociation.org/what-is-churg-strauss-syndrome.html. Accessed 4/4/2011.
- Wolfgang Gross and Bernhard Hellmich. Eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis. Orphanet. November, 2014; http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=en&Expert=183. Accessed 3/9/2015.
- Read a "What is Churg Strauss syndrome? factsheet by the Churg Strauss Syndrome Association.
- DermNet NZ is an online resource about skin diseases developed by the New Zealand Dermatological Society Incorporated. DermNet NZ provides information about this condition.
- The Mayo Clinic Web site provides further information on Churg Strauss syndrome.
- The Merck Manuals Online Medical Library provides information on this condition for patients and caregivers.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Churg Strauss syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.