Citrullinemia type I
Other Names for this Disease
- Acute neonatal citrullinemia type 1
- Acute neonatal citrullinemia type I
- Adult-onset citrullinemia type 1
- Adult-onset citrullinemia type I
- Argininosuccinate synthase deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
Citrullinemia type I is inherited in an autosomal recessive pattern, which means both copies of the gene in each cell have mutations. The parents of an individual with an autosomal recessive condition each carry one copy of the mutated gene, but they typically do not show signs and symptoms of the condition.
Last updated: 4/20/2010
- Citrullinemia. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). 2006; http://www.ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition=citrullinemia. Accessed 7/11/2011.