Cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenita
Other Names for this Disease
- Hereditary cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenita
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
cutis marmorata, telangiectasia, and phlebectasia (varicose vein). It is occasionally associated with skin ulceration or skin atrophy. It can occur alone or along with other birth defects, particularly those involving abnormalities of the blood vessels. The cause is thought to be multifactorial with possible genetic or environmental factors involved.Cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenita is a birth defect involving the skin and blood vessels. It is characterized by
Last updated: 5/25/2011
- Grevelink SV, Mulliken JB. Vascular Anomalies and Tumors of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissues. In: Fitzpatrick et al.,. Dermatology in General Medicine. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2003;
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenita. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is an catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenita. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.