Duchenne muscular dystrophy
Other Names for this Disease
- Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy
- Muscular dystrophy, Duchenne
- Muscular dystrophy, pseudohypertrophic progressive, Duchenne type
- Severe dystrophinopathy, Duchenne and Becker type
- Section on Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery. Cardiovascular health supervision for individuals affected by Duchenne or Becker Muscular Dystrophy. Pediatrics 2006; 116: 1569-1573.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions. Click on the link to view the article on this topic.
- Orphanet Emergency Guidelines is an article which is expert-authored and peer-reviewed that is intended to guide health care professionals in emergency situations involving this condition.
- Project OrphanAnesthesia is a project whose aim is to create peer-reviewed, readily accessible guidelines for patients with rare diseases and for the anesthesiologists caring for them. The project is a collaborative effort of the German Society of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Orphanet, the European Society of Pediatric Anesthesia, anesthetists and rare disease experts with the aim to contribute to patient safety.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.