Other Names for this Disease
- ED syndrome
- Ehlers Danlos syndrome
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome arthrochalasia type
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome Beasley Cohen type
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome dermatosparaxis type
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome dysfibronectinemic type
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome hypermobility type
On this page
Mutations in these genes usually alter the structure, production, or processing of collagen or proteins that interact with collagen. Collagen provides structure and strength to connective tissue throughout the body. A defect in collagen can weaken connective tissue in the skin, bones, blood vessels, and organs resulting in the features of the disorder.
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Genetic Home Reference. 2006; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition=ehlersdanlossyndrome. Accessed 7/21/2008.