Familial adenomatous polyposis
Other Names for this Disease
- Adenomatous polyposis coli
- Adenomatous polyposis of the colon
- Familial adenomatous polyposis of the colon
- Familial intestinal polyposis
- Familial multiple polyposis
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Familial adenomatous polyposis. Genetics Home Reference Web site. April 2008; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition=familialadenomatouspolyposis. Accessed 4/6/2010.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Familial adenomatous polyposis. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The National Cancer Institute provides the most current information on cancer for patients, health professionals, and the general public. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Familial adenomatous polyposis. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.