Other Names for this Disease
- Friedreich's ataxia
- Hereditary spinal ataxia
- Hereditary spinal sclerosis
- Spinocerebellar ataxia, Friedreich
On this page
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Friedreich ataxia. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
- The Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tool (RePORT) provides access to reports, data, and analyses of research activities at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), including information on NIH expenditures and the results of NIH-supported research. Although these projects may not conduct studies on humans, you may want to contact the investigators to learn more. To search for studies, enter the disease name in the "Text Search" box. Then click "Submit Query".
The Ataxia Patient Registry at CoRDS was established to facilitate the establishment of rare disease registries for all rare diseases with a specific questionnaire for those with any type of ataxia or those at risk for ataxia.
- The Friedreich Ataxia Research Alliance has a patient registry. To learn more about this registry, click here.