Other Names for this Disease
- Benign migratory glossitis
- Ectopic geographic tongue
- Erythema migrans
psoriasis of the skin. The lesions may also occasionally occur in the mucosa of the mouth and labia; this condition is called areata migrans. The lesions typically disappear from one area and move to another. Geographic tongue is a condition that causes lesions on the tongue that resemble
Last updated: 7/9/2013
- DermNet NZ by the New Zealand Dermatological Society Incorporated has an information page on geographical tongue. You can read more about the condition by visiting the link below.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Geographic tongue. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.