Glycogen storage disease type 5
- Glycogen storage disease due to muscle glycogen phosphorylase deficiency
- Glycogenosis due to muscle glycogen phosphorylase deficiency
- Glycogenosis type 5
- GSD 5
- GSD due to muscle glycogen phosphorylase deficiency
Your QuestionI have glycogen storage disease type 5. I have also had fatty liver for as long as I can remember. In addition my CPK levels on a good day can be 800. Can my liver problems be attributed to glycogen storage disease type 5?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
Questions on this page
Genetics clinics are a source of information for individuals and families regarding genetic conditions, treatment, inheritance, and genetic risks to other family members. More information about genetic consultations is available from Genetics Home Reference. To find a genetics clinic, we recommend that you contact your primary healthcare provider for a referral.
The following online resources can help you find a genetics professional in your community:
- The National Society for Genetic Counselors provides a searchable directory of US and international genetic counseling services.
- The American College of Medical Genetics has a searchable database of US genetics clinics.
- The University of Kansas Medical Center provides a list of US and international genetic centers, clinics, and departments.
- The American Society of Human Genetics maintains a database of its members, which includes individuals who live outside of the United States. Visit the link to obtain a list of the geneticists in your country, some of whom may be researchers that do not provide medical care.
- McArdle syndrome. MedlinePlus. 2010; http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000329.htm. Accessed 4/15/2010.
- CK. Lab Tests Online. 2009; http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/ck/glance.html. Accessed 4/15/2010.
- Arenas J, Martin MA, Andreu AL. Glycogen storage disease type V. GeneReviews. 2006; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/br.fcgi?book=gene&part=gsd5. Accessed 4/15/2010.