Acrogeria, Gottron type
Other Names for this Disease
- Familial acrogeria
- Gottron syndrome
- Gottron syndrome. National Organization for Rare Disorders. http://www.rarediseases.org/search/rdbdetail_abstract.html?disname=Gottron%20Syndrome. Accessed December 13, 2010.
- Ahmad SM, Majeed I. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2003 May-Jun. http://www.ijdvl.com/article.asp?issn=0378-6323;year=2003;volume=69;issue=3;spage=227;epage=228;aulast=Ahmad. Accessed December 13, 2010.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Acrogeria, Gottron type. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Acrogeria, Gottron type. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- The The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Acrogeria, Gottron type. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
Selected Full-Text Journal Articles
Ahmad SM, Majeed I. Familial acrogeria in a brother and sister. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2003 May-Jun;69(3):227-8.
Shehzad T, Illahi N. A case of acrogeria - A rare aging syndrome. Journal of Pakistan Association of Dermatologist. 2008;18:235-237.
Blaszczyk M, Depaepe A, Nuytinck L, Glinska-Ferenz M, Jablonska S. Acrogeria of the Gottron type in a mother and son. Eur J Dermatol. 2000 Jan-Feb;10(1):36-40.