Gyrate atrophy of choroid and retina
Other Names for this Disease
- Girate atrophy of the retina
- Gyrate atrophy
- Hyperornithinemia with gyrate atrophy of choroid and retina
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Tests & Diagnosis
- The Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) provides information about the genetic tests for this condition. The intended audience for the GTR is health care providers and researchers. Patients and consumers with specific questions about a genetic test should contact a health care provider or a genetics professional.
- Orphanet lists international laboratories offering diagnostic testing for this condition. Click here and scroll down the page to learn more about the processes of certification, accreditation, and external quality assessment available to these labs. Click on Orphanet to view the list.
- The Newborn Screening Coding and Terminology Guide created by the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) promotes and facilitates the use of electronic health data standards in recording and transmitting newborn screening test results. The Web site includes standard codes and terminology for newborn tests and conditions for which they screen, and links to related sites. Click on the link to view details for this condition.