Hereditary sensory neuropathy type 1
Other Names for this Disease
- Hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy type 1
- HSAN 1
- Neuropathy hereditary sensory and autonomic type 1
- Neuropathy hereditary sensory radicular, autosomal dominant
Management of hereditary sensory neuropathy type 1 generally follows the guidelines for diabetic foot care, including careful cleansing and protection of wounds and surgical care when needed. Pain medications may be used by those who experience shooting pains.
Last updated: 6/2/2014
- Nicholson GA. Hereditary Sensory Neuropathy Type 1A. GeneReviews. March 7, 2013; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1390/. Accessed 6/2/2014.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions. Click on the link to view the article on this topic.