Juvenile hyaline fibromatosis
Other Names for this Disease
- Fibromatosis juvenile hyaline
- Hyalinosis, systemic juvenile
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy due to intensive athletic training
- Infantile systemic hyalinosis
Your QuestionJuvenile hyaline fibromatosis can cause contractures of the joints. Any recommendations for how to fix these contractures?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
It has been suggested that physical therapy may help to treat joint contractures in juvenile hyaline fibromatosis; this therapy should be done with an awareness of the pain tolerance of each affected individual. Splinting may help reduce pain associated with contractures by stabilizing the joint.
Last updated: 2/16/2012
- Shieh JTC, Hoyme HE, Arbour LT. Inherited Systemic Hyalinosis. GeneReviews. February 2008; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1525/. Accessed 2/13/2012.