Print friendly version
Juvenile hyaline fibromatosis
Other Names for this Disease
- Fibromatosis juvenile hyaline
- Hyalinosis, systemic juvenile
- Infantile systemic hyalinosis
- Puretic syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
It has been suggested that physical therapy may help to treat joint contractures in juvenile hyaline fibromatosis; this therapy should be done with an awareness of the pain tolerance of each affected individual. Splinting may help reduce pain associated with contractures by stabilizing the joint.
Last updated: 2/16/2012
- Shieh JTC, Hoyme HE, Arbour LT. Inherited Systemic Hyalinosis. GeneReviews. February 2008; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1525/. Accessed 2/13/2012.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions. Click on the link to view the article on this topic.